The Movers Programme is a regional movement of volunteers who develop SDGs awareness, entrepreneurial mindsets and 21st-century skills by conducting localized training at a grassroots level. The Movers Programme uses a training-of-trainer and works with community partners to target harder-to-reach groups and support Youth Co:Lab’s objective to leave no youth behind.
The Earth Society hosted this series of Movers workshops that consisted of activities such as facilitated group and plenary discussions, self-reflection exercises, simulations and short presentations.
Employment Facilitation through Movers Summit 2022
The objectives of the Movers Workshop are to:
- Raise awareness about SDGs and engage youth.
- Foster peer-to-peer knowledge exchange among the participants.
- Provide an opportunity for participants to join the Movers Programme and conduct Movers workshops in their community.
- To build a community dedicated to mainstreaming the SDGs.
After attending Movers Workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand and explain the big picture around SDGs, its fundamental components and its history.
- Explain the importance of SDGs on society and the impact of it.
- Take small actions to support SDGs in their life.
- Connect with youth from around the region within the Movers Community.
- Receive the opportunity to become a Mover and conduct similar Movers Workshops within their own community.